Equestrian Office Student Worker
The Nancy G. Held Equestrian Center is devoted to educational and recreational purposes. Employees must exhibit an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of many social, economic, cultural, ideological, racial and ethnic backgrounds.
General Duties (all levels)
● Greet individuals as they enter the Nancy G. Held Equestrian Center
● Answer incoming calls
● Ensure that all who enter swipe their ID’s
● Answer questions and provide direction if needed
● Sanitize all work areas as directed by supervisor or other staff
● Complete miscellaneous tasks as directed by supervisor or other staff
● Become familiar with the Held Log-in system
● Become familiar with each job position
Job Specific Learning Outcomes
Students will be able to:
● Assist Held guest using customer service skills
● Become familiar with all areas of the Held and the different types of services offered
Career Readiness Competencies and Transferable Skills
Students will be able to demonstrate the following Career Readiness Competencies (NACE Career readiness Competencies) through:
● Demonstrate critical thinking/problem solving - Students will gain skills through active listening to understand the needs of customers and react accordingly to solve issues or locate appropriate resources.
● Oral/written communication
● Teamwork/collaboration - working with other Held employees and staff members
● Digital technology - using various software applications
● Leadership - assist in training new Held employees
● Professionalism/work ethic - Maintaining and following a work schedule and demonstrating commitment to work.
● Career management - connecting transferable skills gained at the Held Center to future career interests
● Global/intercultural fluency - working with students and community members from various cultural backgrounds
General expectations & skills to be successful in this position:
● Have and maintain a professional, trustworthy and punctual demeanor at all times
● Exemplary customer service skills
● An interest and willingness to serve and assist all populations
● An interest in keeping the Nancy G. Held Equestrian Center at a high standard
● Offer a welcoming, helpful, and attentive attitude at all times
● Excellent communication and organizational skills
Learning Outcomes Assessment:
● With the supervisor, the student employee will complete the Student Employee Performance Evaluation midway through the semester and at the end of the semester
● Approximately one week
● Supervisor and/or Student Supervisor
● To apply, submit your resume using the Handshake system at albion.edu/handshake
● Questions can be directed to Carolyn Killewald, email@example.com
Please note, once you are offered a position you must first go to the Albion College Career and Internship Center website
https://www.albion.edu/academics/career-and-internship-center/student-employment/forms to print off the necessary forms for employment.
Student employees must complete tax forms (W-4 Withholding Allowance Certificates) and proof of work eligibility (I-9) before beginning work as an Albion College Student Employee.
Completed forms must be delivered in person (bringing the required documentation) to the Human Resources Office which is located in 225 Ferguson. All forms should be completed in ink, not pencil and students should use their permanent address on all forms unless the permanent address is an international address.