Admissions Tour Guides
ATTENTION! To apply, you MUST follow the instructions below. Clicking “Apply” is only part of the process. If required to upload resume or cover letter please do, if not click on the “Continue” button to view application instructions.
Please note, once you are offered a position you must first go to the Albion College HR website
http://www.albion.edu/hr/student-employment/forms to print off the necessary forms for employment.
Student employees must complete tax forms (W-4 Withholding Allowance Certificates) and proof of work eligibility (I-9) before beginning work as an Albion College Student Employee.
Completed forms must be delivered in person (bringing the required documentation) to the Human Resources Office which is located at 1003 Cass Street (same building as Campus Safety). All forms should be completed in ink, not pencil and students should use their permanent address on all forms unless the permanent address is an international address.
General Responsibilities of All Tour Guides
- Provide daily campus tours and group tours when scheduled, working around the tour guides schedule.
- Work mandatory Admission recruitment events (including weekend and evening events).
- Provide excellent, efficient, and friendly customer service.
- Exhibit an understanding of, or a willingness to learn, all aspects of Albion College– history, administration, the foundation, college mission, stories, etc.
- Dispense information about the campus, various programs and activities, and provide information on college procedures and policies.
- Show enthusiasm, loyalty and dedication to Albion College.
- Exhibit strong public speaking and interpersonal skills; speak clearly and precisely.
- Encompass strong customer-service skills: have a positive, helpful, “can-do” attitude.
- Develop a rapport with supervisors and other staff members that includes other Tour Guides and the Admissions office staff.
- Maintain confidentiality with respect to student records and other office information.
- Serve as a role model for all college students and fellow staff members.
- Encourage students to make the most of their experience at the college by emphasizing awareness of various student activities and opportunities.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Albion College understands student employees are students first and employees second. Students are expected to meet their commitments to the employment arrangement, arriving on time, completing work during scheduled hours and otherwise acting with dignity and respect for supervisors, staff, other students and other members of the College Community.
Albion College does not tolerate discrimination or sexual harassment in the workplace. Complaints should be referred immediately to the attention of the employee's supervisor, manager, department chairperson or directly to the Office of Human Resources, 517/629-0205.
Students are limited to 20 hour per work week for all campus jobs. The work week runs from Monday through Sunday regardless of when a pay period begins or ends.
In order to work in an on-campus job or an off-campus federal work study job, students must be deemed eligible to work on campus by Student Employment. If you have held any other campus job you are all set. If you have never worked on campus before, you should complete the student employment registration process now.Please fill out this online application: